- 600g/1lb 6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 300g/11oz Butter (room temperature)
- 300g/11oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Christmas Cutters eg. Stars, Trees, Snowmen etc.
- Instant Royal Icing
- Coloured Writing Icing
- Silver/Gold Christmas Balls
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease large flat baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until dough is formed. Divide into 2 balls, wrap and chill for an hour.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 3 – 4mm.Cut with cutters of choice. Dip the cutters into flour before each use.
- Arrange them on prepared tins/trays and bake in a central oven position for about 12 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold decorate as you choose!
To Make Cookie Christmas Tree:
Using a selection of varying sized star cutters, cut two of each size. When cold, cover each star with royal icing. Place a Christmas Ball on the point of each star. Starting with the largest star, arrange the cookies one top of the other to form a ‘Tree’