Fish is a staple of healthy eating, so satisfy your salmon cravings with one of our favorite sandwich recipes.
- 2 slices Wholegrain bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) salmon steak or fillet
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Dairygold
- Handful of kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- Red bell pepper, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Handful of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
Season the salmon steak with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, place the salmon steak in the pan and cook until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, mix the artichoke hearts, red onion, olives, bell pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
Once the steaks are cooked, remove from heat. Let the salmon steaks cool. Remove the skin and bones, if any and shred the meat using 2 forks.
Mix the cooled meat with the artichoke mixture in the bowl. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
Warm them up on a griddle and place bread ontop. Next, smoother the warm bread with a generous amount of Dairygold and then take the filling and spoon ontop.
Cut the sandwiches diagonally in half, and serve. Delicious! – See more at: http://www.yourdairygold.ie/food-made-better/Mediterranean-Salmon-Sandwich.aspx#sthash.tll6ApRq.dpuf