Soak your oats and dried fruit overnight in apple juice and you’ll have a delicious porridge in the morning to pack into a tub and take to work.
200g/7oz Flahavan’s Organic Oats
500ml /1 pint organic apple juice
150g /6oz organic dried fruits (prunes, apricots, dried apple, raisins and pear) chopped
200ml /7floz organic natural yogurt
Place the oats in a non metallic bowl and stir in the apple juice and dried fruits. Cover and place in the fridge overnight where it will swell up and thicken. Stir yogurt into the porridge just before serving.
One for the weekend!
Two of our favourite things are oats and cheese. We can’t wait to try this recipe for Steal-Cut Oats with Maple-Roasted Apples and Cheddar. Sounds like the perfect Saturday brunch to us.
- 1 fl oz (30ml) (2tbsp) Sunflower Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 2 Sticks of Celery, chopped
- 8oz (225g) Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (optional)
- 3oz (75g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- 8oz (225g) Can of Tomatoes
- 2 Vegetable or Chicken Stock Cubes
- 50 fl oz (1.5 Litre) Water
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and stir in the oil until evenly coated. Add the oatflakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cubes and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend, season and serve.
- Garnish with cream and chopped parsley.