- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 75g (3oz) Flahavan’s Oat Bran
- 100g (4oz) cranberries
- 25g (1oz) icing sugar
- sifted Zest of an orange
- 1 egg
- Beaten 300ml (½ pint)of Milk
- 50g (2oz) melted butter or sunflower oilMethod:
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the baking powder. Add the sugar and the oat bran and mix. Toss the cranberries into the icing sugar. Add to the bowl with orange zest and stir to mix.
- Place the egg, milk and melted butter or sunflower oil into another bowl and beat lightly. Stir into the dry ingredients. Just do this casually – there is no need to over mix.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cases. Spoon the mixture into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C /400°F / Gas Mark 6 for around 15 minutes – or until risen and golden.Serve warm or cold. Quick Tip Oat Bran is also great as a coating for fish before frying.http://www.flahavans.ie/recipes/cranberry-and-oat-bran-muffins/40
Sundried Tomato Dressing
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C/fan 160°C (350°F).
Put the potatoes, milk, cream, garlic, nutmeg and a little salt and pepper in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
Remove from the heat and transfer the potatoes and sauce to an ovenproof baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes until the top is golden.
To cook the hake: Preheat the grill to hot. Place the fish, flesh side up, on a baking sheet which has been lined with foil and oiled, brush with a little softened butter and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 8-10 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
Meanwhile place all the ingredients for the Sundried Tomato Dressing in a food processor and whizz until puréed.