- The perfect snack for your little ones this Pancake Tuesday 🥞 Try this Egg and Dairy Free Pancakes from @babyledfeeding, full recipe below!
Makes 12 Pancakes
1 tbsp milled chia seeds
3 tbsp warm water
180ml (3/4 cup) almond milk
140g (1 cup) self-raising flour
Drizzle olive oil
• Smooth peanut butter, sliced banana, squash blueberries and a sprinkle of milled chia seeds.
• Chocolate spread (made with mashed banana + 1/4 tsp cocoa powder), sliced strawberries, passionfruit and mint leaves.
Dairy Toppings 🧀
• Smooth goat cheese, sliced avocado, finely chopped coriander.
• Greek yogurt (or swap for a plant-based yogurt), sliced kiwi, finely crushed seeds.
Add chia seeds and warm water to a small bowl, stir then leave to sit for about 2 minutes until it turns into a jelly substance.
Pour the almond milk into a mixing bowl then add the chia mixture and flour, then stir until it is smooth and combined.
Heat a little olive oil on a pan, then divide the mixture into small portions. Fry both sides until golden.
To serve pick your favourite topping choice. Smooth on the sauce then top with your choice of fruit, crushed seeds or finely chopped herbs.2d