Pancake Tuesday is only one week away! Watch our brand ambassador @nevenmaguire show you how to prepare these delicious Buttermilk Pancakes with a range of Simply Better toppings using our Handmade Toffee Sauce from @whatsforpudding.ie our Mixed Berry Preserve from @wexford_preserves and our Frozen Irish Strawberries from @clarkesfreshfruit
Shop the Simply Better Collection in your local @dunnesstores
Simply Better Pancake Board
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 Simply Better Free Range Corn Fed Large Eggs
2 Cups (250g) Plain Flour
2 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
½ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Baking Soda
2 Cups (480ml) Buttermilk
Pinch of salt
40g Butter, melted plus an extra 10g for frying the pancakes
For the Blueberry Sauce:
100ml Simply Better Organic Grade A Canadian Maple Syrup
1 Punnet of Fresh Blueberries
Juice and zest of half a lime
1 Tsp Cornflour, mixed with cold water (Optional)
For the Mixed Berry Compote:
1 Bag of Simply Better Expertly Grown Irish Strawberries
1 Jar of Simply Better Handmade Mixed Berry Preserve
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Caramelised Bananas:
Simply Better Handmade Sea Salted Toffee Sauce
100g Pecan Nuts
1. Place all of the pancake ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before using.
2. Add the butter to a pan over medium low heat. Once the butter begins to bubble, add ⅓ cup (80 ml) of batter to the pan.
3. Cook until the top side begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until the underside is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
4. To make the blueberry sauce, add the maple syrup, lime juice, zest and blueberries to a saucepan and simmer over a medium heat. For a slightly thicker sauce, add the cornflour to the sauce and cook through for 1-2 minutes.
5. To make the fruit compote, add the frozen mixed berries, berry preserve and vanilla to a saucepan and simmer over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. To make the caramelised bananas, heat the toffee sauce in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Slice the bananas and add to the sauce pan along with the pecan nuts. Toss to combine.
#brandambassador #pancakes #recipe #recipes #cooking