- flahavansIt’s the weekend and we’re back with a savoury sensation to inspire you! ! Our recipe for Vietnamese Style Porridge will blow your mind – check out how a few simple ingredients can create this moreish and mouth-watering savoury oats dish – it’s tasty, flavourful and packed full of oaty goodness. You’re welcome! #FlahavansOats #FlahavansRecipes
Serves 2 Takes 35 minutes
4 stalks of lemongrass
6 fresh kefir lime leaves
1.2L chicken stock
110g Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
2 tbsp. chilli oil
2 tbsp. shallots, fried and crispy
2 tbsp. peanuts, toasted and chopped
2 eggs, soft-boiled
1. First, cut the lemongrass into 2cm pieces and bruise in a pestle and mortar. Then tear four of the kefir lime leaves in half.
2. Pour the chicken stock into a large saucepan then add the lemongrass and kefir lime leaves. Put the lid on and, over a low heat, leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
3. Once infused, strain the stock back into the saucepan through a sieve discarding the lemongrass and lime leaves. Add the Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats and gently heat, stirring often until the porridge thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Divide the porridge between two bowls, then drizzle each with chilli oil and top with crispy shallots, chopped peanuts and a soft-boiled egg.
5. To finish, shred the remaining kefir lime leaves very finely and sprinkle over both bowls.1d