1/12 lbs petite potatoes
1 tablespoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
4 tablespoons KerrygoldNaturally Softer Pure Irish Butter
2 tablespoons chopped chives
For Scallion Labne 1 1/4 cups labne, sour gream or Greek yogurt 2-3 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1/2 cup chopped scallions 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot full of water, then bring to a rolling simmer. Continue to cook for about 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes, but leave them in the warm pot to steam for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on the parchment paper, then pour the warm potatoes onto the parchment.
- Use the bottom of a glass or a measuring cup to press down on each potato until it smashes but still holds its shape.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with granulated onion powder, and kosher salt. Roast in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the potatoes after 20 minutes.
- Make the scallion labne: Place the labne in a medium size bowl, and add the lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, chopped scallions, kosher salt, and black pepper. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- Spoon a few large dollops of the scallion labne onto a large plate. Arrange the warm potatoes on top of the labne. Top the potatoes with Kerrygold Naturally Softer Pure Irish Butter, chopped chives, and flakey sea salt.
Recipe by Lions Bread