225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
350g packet of Shamrock Fruit Mix
300ml/½ pint Cold Tea
125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
Good pinch Goodall’s Mixed Spice
Ring or other Charms
Rowse Honey (for decoration)
- Place fruit and tea in a bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- Add sugar, egg, flour and mixed spice and mix well.
- Wrap ring and any other ‘charms’ in greaseproof paper and stir into mixture.
- Transfer to a greased and base lined 20cm/8” round cake tin or 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approx. one hour or until risen and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and keep for two days before cutting.
- Melted honey may be brushed over brack before cutting.