Cool evenings call for warm plates! This Chicken & Chickpea Curry is delicious and so simple to whip up http://glenisk.com/recipes/chickenandchickpeacurry …
2 tsp oil
2 medium onions, peeled and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
400ml hot vegetable stock
200ml Natural 0% Fat Irish Strained Protein Yogurt
5 large handfuls spinach
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir through the spices and mustard until well coated. Add the squash and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring the saucepan to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the squash is tender, take the pot off the heat and stir through the yoghurt, spinach and chickpeas until well combined and the spinach wilts.
- Serve the curry as you like – I love it with some fluffy brown or basmati rice!