Skip to content
- To make the doughnuts, place the gluten-free flour, caster sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the milk and butter and, using your hands or a wooden spoon, combine the ingredients until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 8–10 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Form the dough into a smooth ball and place it back in the bowl.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm, dark place to rise for about 1-2 hours until the dough has risen.
- Once the dough has risen tip out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 12 pieces and shape into balls and flatten. Place on a lightly floured tray, cover with a cloth again and allow to prove for another 10-15 minutes.
- Fill a large-sized pan with sunflower oil and heat to about 160˚C.
- Drop the doughnuts into the oil, 2-3 at a time, and fry on each side until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and continue frying until all doughnuts are done.
- Place the caster sugar in a large bowl and toss each doughnut in caster sugar once cooked and allow to cool.
- Once cooled fill with the Nutella chocolate filling.
- Pierce them with a small knife and then using a piping bag and small nozzle pipe the Nutella into the centre.
- Drizzle over more of it on top of them and then finish with the mini marshmallows. Enjoy.