What you need:
- 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 250ml Soda Water
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 4 Chicken Fillet Breasts, sliced
- Oil for deep frying
- Make the batter by putting flour, egg, soda water and pepper into a bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Dip chicken strips into the batter and fry in hot oil for about 2 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- To serve, place chicken on serving plates and serve with small bowls of Aioli or mayonnaise.
Add 1-4 crushed cloves of garlic (depending on size) to a small jar of mayonnaise and mix well.