We’re indulging this weekend with our Mississippi Mud Pie – rich, decadent and ideal for chocolate lovers! bit.ly/2fonfAN
200g/7oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
75g/3oz Plain Chocolate
4 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
125g/4oz Butter (softened)
225g/8oz Light Brown Sugar
150ml/ 1/4 pint Cream
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter.
- Add the egg and sufficient water to make a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes approx.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out pastry. Use to line a 9″/23cm flan tin. Chill again.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the cocoa and 25g/1oz of the butter over hot water.
- Cream remaining butter with the sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the cream and chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the pastry case.
- Place on a preheated baking sheet. Bake at 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 for 45 minutes approx.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire tray.
- To finish, decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate.