- 1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixer or food processor.
- 2. Add the flour and oats and mix to form a dough; the texture will be crumbly.
- 3. Line a 13” x 9” (32cm x 22cm) baking tray with parchment and firmly press out about 2/3 of the dough in the base of the tray.
- 4. In a separate bowl combine the juice and zest of the lemons with the condensed milk.
- 5. Spread the condensed milk and lemon mixture on top of the dough in the baking tray.
- 6. Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top and press lightly.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 150°C / 300°F / Gas mark 2 and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden in colour.
- 8. Allow to cool and cut into small squares.