Queen Cakes, Fairy Cakes or Buns
CategoryBaking with Kids
Cook Time15 mins
What you need:
- 175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine (half a block)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
- Glacé Icing or Chocolate Spread
- Hundreds and Thousands
- Glacé Cherries
- Ensure oven is fully preheated to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Next, put bun paper cases into bun tins.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter/margarine, eggs and water into a bowl. Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture into each bun case.
- Place in the oven on the top shelf and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, decorate as liked with your favourite toppings.