- 125g / 4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 300ml / 1/2 pint Milk
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also.
- Stack pancakes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
- Spread with chocolate sauce, roll and add ice cream
- Chocolate Spread
- Ice cream
Tasty Filling Suggestions
- Dust with Shamrock Golden caster sugar, add a squeeze of lemon juice, roll up pancake and serve.
- Drizzled with Rowse Honey
- Fruit served with whipped cream
- Stewed apples, flavoured with cinnamon and a dollop of fresh cream
- Diced chicken with salsa sauce