Skip to content
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 175g/6oz Sugar
- Pinch of Bread Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 x tin (432g) Crushed Pineapples (drained)
- 225g/8oz Desiccated Coconut
- 100g packet Chopped Walnuts
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 225g/8oz Cream Cheese
- 350g/12oz Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and line a Swiss Roll Tin 28cm x 18cm (11″ x 7″).
- Place eggs, oil and pineapple into a mixing bowl and beat together.
- Add flour, sugar and sieved bread soda and mix until well blended.
- Finally stir in the coconut and walnuts.
- Transfer to the tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown in colour. When removed from oven, allow to sit in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire tray to cool.
- When cold cover with topping, if used, and cut into squares.
To make topping
- Beat together the butter, cream cheese and sieved icing sugar.