Honey & Oat Quick Bread
Cook Time40-45 mins
What you need:
- 200g/7oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oats, plus extra for dusting
- 1 level teaspoon Odlums Bread Soda
- 250g carton Yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin and sprinkle some oats inside the tin.
- Put the wholemeal flour, plain flour and oats into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Sieve in the bread soda and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl beat together the yoghurt, egg, olive oil, honey and milk. Add to the dry ingredients and combine together gently until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and sprinkle the extras oats on top, then make a cut down the centre with a knife.
- Bake in a central position in the oven for 40-45 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Loaf is baked when tapping underneath produces a hollow sound.
- Turn onto a wire tray to cool. Delicious served warm with butter and a drizzle of honey.