CATEGORY: Weekly Recipe COOK TIME: 20-30 mins
What you need:
- 65g/2½oz Odlums Strong White Flour
- 50g/2oz Butter or Margarine
- 150ml/¼ pint Cold Water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Eggs (Lightly beaten)
- Whipped Cream
- 250g Carton of Cream
- 150g Shamrock Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- Place water and butter/margarine into a saucepan over a low heat until butter/margarine melts.
- Bring to a brisk boil.
- Reduce heat and add sieved flour and salt.
- Stir briskly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a soft dough and leaves sides of saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the eggs gradually and beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop dough in tablespoons about 3” apart into the greased baking tray. Alternatively put dough into an icing bag and pipe the dough out onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes at the preheated oven temperature until puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and slit along one side. Cool on a wire tray.
- When cold, fill with whipped cream and serve with hot chocolate sauce.
- Warm cream over a low heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve warm over Profiteroles.