What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 175g/6oz Butter or Margarine
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 level teaspoon Goodall’s Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Apples (peeled & cored)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Beat butter/margarine and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the sieved flour and cinnamon, if used.
- Roughly chop 2½ apples and stir into the mixture, then transfer to the prepared loaf tin.
- Slice the remaining half apple into thin circles and arrange on top of mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes approx. Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- To finish, dust with sieved icing sugar. Enjoy!