- Slice the loaf of challah into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a shallow bowl or baking dish, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, milk, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Begin dipping the sliced bread into the pumpkin custard mixture. Let soak for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side, depending on your preference. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of Kerrygold Naturally Softer Pure Irish Butter in the skillet.
- Cook the French toast for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Keep the finished pieces of French toast warm in the oven, while cooking up the remainder, by placing them on a baking sheet in the warm oven.
- Serve with pure maple syrup or powdered sugar, more Kerrygold Naturally Softer Pure Irish butter, and a sprinkle of Pumpkin spice.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread
Meal type: sides
Product: Kerrygold Naturally Softer Pure Irish Butter
Prep TIme: 10 minutes