St. Mary’s Church of Ireland Church, FARNAGHT, County Leitrim
Detached two-cell Gothic Revival Church of Ireland church, built in 1853 by Joseph Welland, with five-bay nave, two-bay chancel, projecting gable-fronted entrance porch and projecting three-stage castellated gargoyled tower to façade. Vestry to north elevation. Pitched slate roofs with cut stone chimneystack to vestry, Celtic cross finials to gable ends and entrance porch. Random coursed cut stone walls with quoins. Buttresses to tower. West elevation with stone steps leading to vaults accessed through segmental-headed battened door. Door openings have chamfered surrounds. Pointed-arched entrance to porch with limestone steps, tooled block-and-start surround and latticed timber door. Shouldered-arched opening to sacristy with timber battened door. Lancet window openings with tooled chamfered surrounds containing leaded lattice windows and stained glass windows. Lancet openings to chancel with hood-mouldings and stained glass windows. Site bounded by random coursed wall to roadway. Cast-iron railings separate church from graveyard. Graveyard containing pre-1700 grave markers, recumbent grave slabs and gravestones, wrought-iron grave markers and present day upright graves. Earliest date visible on marker is 1814.