- For the Orange Butter:
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 30g Sieved Icing Sugar
- Zest of one Orange
- For the French Toast:
- 2 Thick slices of Brioche Bread (per 1 person)
- 1 egg
- 50ml Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon sieved Icing Sugar
- To Serve:
- Icing Sugar
- Orange Butter
- Fruit of your choice (such as berries, sliced banana or tropical fruit)
- Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and pour into a shallow bowl that will fit your slice of brioche.
- Dip the brioche into the egg and milk mixture, turning to ensure the slice is thoroughly coated and the mixture is soaking into the bread.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat and add a knob of Kerrygold butter, once this has melted and begun to foam but not brown, add the slice of brioche and cook gently for 1-2minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst you repeat for the second slice or cook both at the same time if your pan is large enough.
- Slice the brioche diagonally and serve with a coin sized piece of orange butter to melt onto the hot slices.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with your choice of fruit.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram