What you need:
- 50g/2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 4 Large Potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Pinch of Odlums Bread Soda, sieved
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Put grated potatoes, flour, bread soda, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix well, until all ingredients are blended together. Use as soon as mixture is mixed, do not allow to stand as the mixture can discolour.
- Heat a little oil on a frying pan, when hot drop spoonfuls of mixture onto pan and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, then turn and repeat on the other side.
- Boxty should be golden brown when cooked.
- Serve hot.
- Enjoy as part of a hearty Irish Breakfast
- Place poached egg or scrambled egg on top
- Serve with beef or chicken