- 4 egg whites
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Red food Colouring
- Preheat oven to 140C/120C fan/Gas Mark 1, line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Put the egg whites into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt before whisking with an electric beater until the eggs have formed soft peaks.
- Begin to add the caster sugar to the egg whites, one tablespoon at a time, whisking on a high speed between each tablespoon. Once the sugar has been added, whisk the mixture on a high speed for a further 3 minutes or until it is glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the vanilla extract with a large metal spoon. Use a tablespoon to scoop meringues onto the prepared baking trays.
- For the ripple colour effect, dip a cocktail stick into the red food colouring and swirl it through your meringues.
- Now bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven to cool completely with the oven door slightly open.
- To serve sandwich two meringues together with Avonmore summer Whipped Cream and serve with raspberries and mint on the side.